Need to get in touch? Please click here and use the online form.

To improve loading times only the last 20 posts are displayed on the homepage.
Please use the monthly archive links in the right menu to view all posts made each month.
 

Thursday, February 10, 2005

Ronald Fry 11th March 1931 to 10th February 2005

It is with great sadness that I announce the passing of my father Ronald (Ron) Fry today at the age of 73.


(Click to enlarge photo)

Following 2 small strokes in November 2004 dad weakened as his appetite reduced and on New Years Eve at 2pm dad collapsed at home with a major arterial bleed caused by a large stomach ulcer brought about by his medication.

Dad did not fully recover from the effects of this ulcer and contracted both a lung infection and MRSA while in hospital further weakening him beyond his ability to recover.

This afternoon dad lost his battle, peacefully leaving us just before 3.40pm. Both my mother and I were there to the end and I am happy we could comfort him as he passed away.

I will further update this post in the next few days when I feel able.

I have amended the time of this post to reflect the time of my dad's passing.

Night dad xxxxx